Current PhD Students
- Cassandra Bogh Cassandra-Bogh@uiowa.edu
- Xinxin Li Xinxin-Lifirstname.lastname@example.org
- Aaron Muhowski Aaron-Muhowski@uiowa.edu
- Kailing Zhang Kailing-Zhang@uiowa.edu
- Katrina Schrock Katrina-Schrock@uiowa.edu
- David Montealegre David-Montealegre@uiowa.edu
- Andrew Muellerleile Andrew-Muellerleile@uiowa.edu
Past PhD Students
- Russell Ricker, PhD, 2017. Thesis: Advances in InAs/GaSb Type-II Superlattice Light-Emitting Diode Arrays. Systems engineer, Lockheed Martin, Waterford, Colorado.
- Sydney Provence, PhD 2016. Thesis: Next Generation Mid-Wave Infrared Cascaded Light Emitting Diodes: Growth of Broadband, Multispectral, and Single Color Devices on GaAs and Integrated Circuits. MBE grower, Lasertel, Tucson, AZ
- Asli Yildirim, PhD 2014. Thesis: Phase Separation and Defect Formation in Stable, Metastable, and Unstable GaInAsSb Alloys for Infrared Applications. Fabrication engineer, Compound Photonics, Phoenix AZ
- Lee Murray, PhD 2012. Thesis: “Investigations into Molecular Beam Epitaxial Growth of InAs/GaSb Superlattices.” Postdoctoral position with Dr. Chris Richardson at Laboratory of Science/ECE Dept, University of Marlyland in College Park, MD
- Murat Yildirim, PhD 2010. Thesis: “Slowing and Switching of Light in Semiconductor Quantum Wells.” Postdoctoral Scholar at Prof. Kimberley Hall's group at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Wesley Johnston, PhD 2010. Thesis: “Nonlinear Optics in Bragg-Spaced Quantum Wells.” Joined Digital Artefacts, Oakdale Campus, University of Iowa as technical staff.
- Edwin Koerperick, PhD 2009. Thesis: “High Power Mid-Wave and Long-Wave Infrared Superlattice Light Emitting Diodes: Device Growth and Applications.” Joined ASL Analytical on UI Oakdale Campus as research staff
Past Posdoctoral Students
- Shahram Seyedmohamadi (2005-2008): Ferro, Inc. Electrical and Materials Systems, Research and Development
- Chuanshu Cao (2004-2005): Joined the Technical Staff, Lasertel Corp., Tucson, AZ
- Madhu Reddy (2003-2004): Joined the Technical Staff, Raytheon Corp., Goleta, CA
Past Master's Students
- Andrew Hudson, MS 2014. Thesis: A Comparison of 2-2.5 um Single Stage and Cascaded Light Emitting Diodes. Technical Staff, Aerospace Engineering, Los Angeles, CA
- Ben Wootten, MS 2013. Thesis: “Superluminescent diodes at 2.4 microns from GaInAsSb/AlGaAsSb quantum well heterostructures for optical glucose sensing.”
- Jeff Yager MS 2007: Thesis, “Quaternary cascaded LED and photodiode detector for glucose monitoring.” Completed masters, continued in a PhD program in Biomedical Engineering
Past Undergraduate Students
- Andrew Muellerleile 20 18 Honor's Thesis: "EQE Measurements in Mid-Infrared Superlattice Structures." Enrolled in graduate school in Physics, University of Iowa.
- Nicholas Rolston 2014 Honor's Thesis: “Fabrication and Characterization of Low Dimensional Nanostructures.” Research Awards: Goldwater Scholarship, Graduate NSF Fellow. Enrolled in graduate school in Applied Physics, Stanford University.
- Maxwell Lassise 2014 Honor's Thesis: “Measuring Carrier Lifetimes in Semiconductor Nanowires.” Enrolled in graduate school, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Arizona State University with a four year fellowship.
- Robert Null, 2009 Honor's Thesis, “Simulating diffractive losses in external laser cavities using the Fox-Li method.” Enrolled in medical school at the University of Iowa.
- Adam Heiniger, 2007. Honor's Thesis “Interface and control of a spatial light modulator for optical pulse shaping.” Honors thesis, “Simulation of pulse propagation through resonant media.” Enrolled in graduate school in the Institute for Optics, University of Rochester. Research Awards: Goldwater Scholarship
- Adam Wiederholt, 2006. Project, “Interface and control of a camera for monitoring epitaxial growth.” Enrolled in law school (patent law) at The University of Iowa. Research awards: Collegiate Scholar.
- Tony Link, 2004. Honor's Thesis, “Ultrafast pulse shaping.” Enrolled in graduate school in physics, Ohio State University.